Thermoscan 4020 Digital Ear Thermometer
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
- Clinically tested number 1 ear thermometer - used by more GP's and mothers worldwide.
- Unique Thermo scan Feedback system confirms the thermometer is in the correct position and then confirms an accurate temperature reading has been taken by a constant light and a beep - all in matter of seconds.
- Temperature results in degrees C or degrees F.
- Accurate and safe for newborns and the whole family, new ultra soft and gentle tip is warmed up for accuracy and extra comfort.
- 1 x Memory recall.
- 2 year manufacturer's guarantee.
1 x Ear Thermometer.
1 x Protective cap.
21 x Disposable lens filters (20 included in the travel case and 1 in the thermometer).
2 x Duracell AA batteries (included in the thermometer).
The ear is regarded as the most reliable place to get a consistent reading of the human’s core body temperature. You should measure your child’s temperature regularly to understand their normal reading, so you can recognize signs of fever early.
How do Braun Ear Thermometers Work?
- Eardrum emits infrared radiation.
- Infrared radiation passes through the lens filter.
- Depending on the specifications (material, thickness, reduction process etc.) the lens filter lets pass a reduced amount of infrared radiation.
- The sensor of the device receives a reduced amount of infrared radiation.
- With a complex algorithm specially adjusted on the specifications Braun lens filters the Thermo Scan ear thermometer converts the infrared radiation into a temperature being shown on the display.
An infrared ear thermometer and the lens filter always work as a system. To get an accurate reading it is mandatory to align specifications of device and lens filter.
Advantages of a Pre-Warmed Tip:
With the pre-warmed tip:
Unlike other ear thermometers, Braun Thermo Scan ExacTemp features a prewarmed tip. It minimizes the cooling effect that could result from the insertion of a cool probe tip. The prewarmed tip helps ensure accuracy time after time.
Without the pre-warmed tip:
A conventional tip at room temperature has a cooling effect on the ear canal. This cool-down effect can result in an inaccurate temperature reading shown on the display. A cooler temperature in the ear canal could also affect the accuracy of repeated measurements.
Each year, millions of temperatures are taken in doctors' offices and hospitals with Braun Thermo Scan professional ear thermometers. 30 clinical studies with over 4600 patients verify the accuracy and safety of Braun Thermo Scan ear thermometers
What does the Guidance System Do?
Checks position of the thermometer in the ear and confirms the accuracy of the measurement. Beep and light helps to eliminate handling errors. The probe of the thermometer has to fit securely into the ear canal during the complete measuring process before a long beep signals the end of the temperature reading.
A light provides additional accuracy. It flashes during the measuring process as long as the probe is securely positioned and lights up continuously once an accurate reading has been taken. If the probe has not been placed correctly in the ear canal, it will be indicated by the Guidance System.
No. 1 ear thermometer - used by more GP's and mothers worldwide Unique Thermo scan Feedback system confirms the thermometer is in the correct position and then confirms an accurate temperature reading has been taken by a constant light and a beep - all in matter of seconds Temperature results in degrees C or degrees F Accurate and safe for newborns and the whole family New ultra soft and gentle tip is warmed up for accuracy and extra comfort Memory recalls last 8 temperatures Includes long life lithium batteries, a compact travel case and 21 disposable lens filters for accurate and hygienic readings Clinically tested 2 year manufacturer's guarantee.